The original light novel series of Gosick is written by Kazuki Sakuraba and illustrated by Hinata Takeda. The light novels were initially published by Fujimi Shobo under the Fujimi Mystery Bunko imprint, but were later republished by Kadokawa Shoten under the Kadokawa Bunko imprint.
A sequel, Gosick red, had been announced in 2013.
There are nine light novels released with the title "Gosick" and four collections of short stories entitled "GosickS", with a capital "S' on the end of the title. The Gosick novels are full length works, and the GosickS books are short story collections. The series was authored by Kazuki Sakuraba with illustrations by Hinata Takeda. The first novel was released in Japan on December 10, 2003 and the last one on July 23, 2011.
- Gosick II: The Crime That Has No Name
- Gosick III: Beneath the Blue Rose
- Gosick IV: A Fool Represents the Case
- Gosick V: Beelzebub's Skull
- Gosick VI: Night of the Masquerade
- Gosick VII: The Rose-Colored Life
- Gosick VIII (1): Twilight of the Gods
- Gosick VIII (2): Twilight of the Gods
- GosickS: The Reaper Comes in the Spring
- GosickS II: Summer from the Disappearing Train
- GosickS III: Memories of an Autumn Flower
- GosickS IV: Winter's Sacrifice